How can I get my Marlin-based device or service implementation designated as being Marlin compliant?
For a device or service to be considered Marlin compliant, as a client or service provider adopter you must comply with:
- The specifications (e.g., Marlin Broadband, Marlin IPTV-ES, MS3)
- The applicable Conformance specifications provide test definitions to help establish if an implementation is conformant with those specifications
- Robustness rules (regular and/or ECP rules)
- Compliance rules (regular and/or ECP rules)
- Trust Management Policies (also known as, Marlin Trust Management Documents (MTMDs) for Broadband or MS3 – available on the Operations or MS3 Operations sites)
- Conformance means that your device or service meets the applicable MUST, MUST NOT, REQUIRED, SHALL and SHALL NOT statements in the Marlin specification you have implemented.
- Adopters can download the Conformance Test Specifications from the MDC at: Marlin Developer Community. This site hosts Conformance Test Specifications for Marlin Broadband and IPTV-ES.
- Adopters can download the Conformance Test Procedures from the MTMO at marlin-trust.com/operations. Procedures for IPTV-ES and Marlin Broadband are provided.
- You must submit the Short Form Robustness Questionnaire to the MTMO, and keep a copy of the Long Form Robustness Questionnaire on file at your company. A Word version of these Affidavits and Questionnaires (both General and ECP) can be downloaded by Adopters from: marlin-trust.com/operations
- The MTMO will return to you an Acknowledgment of Conformance Affidavit (Note that there is a different Affidavit for Marlin Enhanced Content protection (ECP) Products that are expecting to access UHD, 4K or early release window content).
- Compliance rules are included in Exhibit A (and Exhibit AA for Marlin ECP C&R Rules) of the Client Adopter Agreement or Exhibit A of the Service Provider Agreement and govern the permitted outputs and imports in your device or service implementation, for example, how audio and/or audiovisual content can be rendered, imported and/or exported.
- The Affidavits mentioned above also cover Compliance (General and ECP) Rules.
- Also available on the Operations website (marlin-trust.com/operations) is the Marlin Enhanced Content Protection Framework Overview, which outlines the general self- certification procedures for Marlin Client adopters seeking to provide Marlin Licensed Products that will provide access to Enhanced Content (e.g., 4k, UHD, or early release window content).
- Robustness rules are included in Exhibit B of the Client Agreement (and Exhibit BB for ECP Robustness Rules) or Exhibit B of the Service Provider Agreement and govern level of protection required in your device or service implementation, for example, how well keys must be protected.
- You must submit the Short Form Robustness Questionnaire to the MTMO, and keep a copy of the Long Form Robustness Questionnaire on file at your company. A Word version of these Affidavits and Questionnaires can be downloaded from marlin-trust.com/operations
- You will receive from MTMO an Acknowledgment of receipt of your Robustness Checklists (regular and/or ECP).
The Common Test Keys are available for download by Adopters from: www.marlin-trust.com/operations. The Common Test Keys are useful for testing the above requirements.