How does the MTMO enable interoperability?
The MTMO enables interoperability through:
- its ability to trust Marlin identities: the MTMO guarantees the certificates of principals used in all implementations are signed by common roots of trust and are generated according to trustable procedures. Any one entity can authenticate and trust the authenticity of any other entity by following the certificate chain to the common roots
- cryptographic mechanisms: the MTMO ensures that all keys and certificates adhere to a common specification
- compliance of implementations with a set of common specifications
- the use of a singly rooted PKI (Public Key Infrastructure) for device and service authentication
- a reporting body for keys and devices that are compromised.